After another long weekend, we have had quite a few ups and downs - so it goes. We will be testing throughout the week and into the next to improve the output.
Simple AutoCAD drawings for spool winders.
Kamal is helping out by winding a test coil.
Testing some of the coils out - unfortunately the results were not going as planned.
The next day we decided to try out Option B, using an alternator to test. More news on that front later…
We moved the Revolution Door jig this weekend back to Eyebeam so that we could work on it for the exhibition in March. We then began testing the coils for the stator, which was a bit more troublesome than planned.
The Revolution Door jig in full splendor after assembly.
Installing the magnet rotor with hub onto the door shaft.
Base of the Revolution Door jig where you can walk over the energy harnessing mechanism. This prototype is at 1/4 scale.
After winding some test coils, we are attaching them to the rig to see which perform best depending upon wire gauge, windings and configuration.
Up close view of the magnet rotor with a test coil.